Fundraising helps us to subsidise those little extras which the children love so much, such as the Christmas party entertainment, the summer trip and extra play equipment. We also use money raised to fund essentials such as training for our staff and the children’s snacks. Since September 2016, generous parental donations and money raised from special events have been spent as follows:
- £500 of training costs
- £379 of art and craft materials
- £45 in the garden
- £500 towards the costs of the children’s snacks
Here are a few ways you can help (none of which cost you a penny!)
1. Use Easyfundraising when making online purchases – so far we have raised over £1,200 from this source alone. Every time you go through a retailer’s site from Easyfundraising, the retailer pays a donation on your behalf to the Pre-school. Some insurers and road recovery companies even pay up to £30 donation a time. All types of online transactions qualify. The website you need is http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/willastonpresch/
b. Search for Willaston Pre-school – we are the first hit in the list
2. Stik-in labels give the Pre-school 30% commission on all purchases of their excellent product, and we raised £31 last year. It is important that all of your child’s belongings are labelled as we can not easily match toys brought from home or clothes to their owners. These labels simply stick onto all types of clothing, toys and shoes and really last. Please quote our commission code of 35315 when purchasing. Their website is https://www.stikins.co.uk/
3. Have a clear out and fill up a bag for the ongoing rag bag collection. Bring it along to Pre-school at any time. We raise over £100 per year from this source.
4. If any of you work for an employer who has a matched funding scheme , you could choose to match fundraise one of our events. Please let Ann know if you would be able to help us.
This page is sponsored by Steve’s Cycles – a great guy who can mend any bike (including the pre-school trike), and has a huge stock of reasonably priced new and used bikes.